For many, their wedding day is the most anticipated day of their lives. A wedding planner is often at the center of making sure this day is as perfect as possible. Whether it’s actually hiring a planner, or just using the influence and ideas of a planner, many couples turn to social media to find the right person. After scouring the many social media platforms for who the most influential wedding planners are, we found the top 25. We used the combined number of followers from Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for each planner and ranked them accordingly, from 1 to 25. Click the names and you can visit their websites.
1. David Tutera– It only makes sense that this wedding planning tycoon is at the top of the list. After almost 30 years in the wedding industry, Tutera has done it all. Not only does he still actively plan weddings, he also has his own television show “David Tutera’s CELEBrations” on WeTV, and has begun his own lines of wedding dresses with Mon Cheri, accessories, jewelry, and bridal shoes. He is also the author of seven different books, all centering around wedding and event planning. While he is based out of Southern California, Tutera has worked all over the United States, in addition to some destination weddings.
2. Colin Cowie– Cowie has been planning and designing for over two decades. Determined to make every event one of a kind, Cowie is known to be there for every step of his client’s journey and is always there to help make ideas come to life. He does more than just wedding planning for his clients; he also has an inspiration site filled with ideas for brides and vendor recommendations all over the US. Cowie has also expanded his influence in the wedding industry by publishing a wedding organizer.
3. Preston Bailey– Bailey is known for taking plain or understated event spaces and turning them into something magical. The New York City based planner has worked in the wedding industry for over 30 years and brings his expertise throughout the United States and the World. In addition to event planning, Bailey is a bestselling author. He is also in the process of collaborating with Nuage Designs and will be introducing a wedding linen line in late 2014.
4. Mindy Weiss– Event planner extraordinaire, Weiss has built her twelve year old Beverly Hills business into one of the most influential planning services out there. She is also a published author and has her own party goods store on her website.
5. Ritzy Bee Events– Founded by planners Maria Cooke and Kelly Seizert, these Washington DC based wedding planners have built themselves a large base of followers on social media. With fifteen years of experience, these Ritzy Bee Events has developed a reputation of being detail oriented and easy to work with.
6. Valley and Co.– Founded in 2003 by husband and wife team Nick and Aleah Valley, this Seattle based group has been featured in many wedding publications (such as Brides, Bride & Groom, and Bridal Guide), and has been named a Top Wedding Planners by The Knot for 4 years running.
7. Diann Valentine– Known for celebrity weddings such as Usher’s and Tamra Barney’s, Valentine has also expanded her influence by hosting “I Do Over” on WeTV, and by building a substantial following on many social media outlets. She is also one of The Knot’s Luxe Wedding experts.
8. Kevin Lee Productions– Lee has not only inspired many brides with his celebrity weddings over the last two decades, he has also inspired many with his event designs for large award shows like the Oscars and Grammys. Lee is known for his innovative and luxurious designs, and has been highlighted in many magazines and on many televisions shows.
9. Todd Events– For over 10 years, Todd Events has helped many couples create their perfect wedding day. Headed by Todd Fiscus, the Dallas based team has traveled all over the United States and the world, planning spectacular events. Todd Ficus is also one of the Knot’s Luxe wedding experts and has been featured in many wedding publications.
10. David Stark Design and Production– David Stark is the leader of this Brooklyn, New York design firm. The group has been planning weddings and events for over 18 years, and has quite the following on Pinterest. Their events are known for their whimsical character and also for taking everyday objects and turning them into something extrodinary. Their weddings and inspiration ideas are often featured in wedding publications such as Martha Stewart Weddings.
11. Marcy Blum Associates– After almost thirty years in the wedding industry, Marcy Blum is still looked to for creative ideas and expertly polished weddings and events. Not only does she still run her New York City based planning firm, she is also a regular contributor for many shows such as NBC’s Today, and she also has featured in magazines such as Vogue and People.
12. Alison Events– Founder Alison Hotchkiss Rinderknecht has done over four-hundred events in nine countries and is always looking for the next place and event to plan. Alison Events loves to create one of a kind affairs and put together ideas and themes that have never been done before. Featured in publications such as Brides, Martha Stewart Weddings, and Elegant Bride, this planner is spreading her inspiration and influence where ever she goes.
13. Sasha Souza Events– Souza has been heralded as a great inspiration in the wedding community during her nearly two decade tenure. She also is an author and a speaker. While she has offices in Northern and Southern California, she is still a go-to planner for destination weddings. She was also named a “Top 25 Trendsetter” by Modern Bride Magazine.
14. Michelle Leo– Founder Michelle M. Cousins has taken her Salt Lake City, Utah business and has turned into a nationally known event planner. She has been featured in many wedding publications and on many wedding inspiration sites such as Style Me Pretty and The Wedding Chicks. She also has been awarded the Best of State Event Planner for three consecutive years and the 2013 Z Gallerie Designer of the Year award.
15. Andrea Eppolito Events– Andrea Eppolito is an award winning planner out of Las Vegas, Nevada. She has almost twenty years in the wedding industry and has been featured in national newspapers and in wedding publications. She is known for adding her special touches to her client’s ideas and wishes.
16. Tara Guérard Soirée– Guérard’s planning business is based in both Charleston, South Carolina and New York City. Her nearly 2 decade long resume also includes the wedding of Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, along with several books and features in many wedding magazines. She is also in the works for a broadcast deal and a product line.
17. David Beahm– Beahm is known as one of the United State’s top event planners. Beahm has been featured in publications such as The New York Times, New York Magazine, Style, People, Brides, and TheKnot.com. Beahm believes that the best events do not come from just one person, but from a team of great people, which is what his several decades in the industry has proved.
18. Bellwether Events– Founded by Janice Carnevale in 2006, the Washington DC based group has brought whimsical charm to many weddings and events. Her work has been featured on many popular weddings sites like 100 Layer Cake and Elizabeth Anne Designs.
19. Munster Rose– The Minneapolis, Minnesota team was founded by Jackie ‘Rose’ Reisenauer and has been a part of over 400 events. The team has gathered a substantial social media presence with features in publications such as The Knot and Smitten Press.
20. At First Blush and Co– Founder Naomi Goodman is based out of San Diego, California, but has done weddings all over the United States. Known for her attention to detail, Goodman has caught the eye of many publications and those using social media to help plan their wedding day.
21. Easton Events– Lynn Easton founded Easton Events in 1998 and has offices in both Charleston, South Carolina and Charlottesville, Virginia. She has been featured as a top planner by many publications including Vogue and Martha Stewart Weddings. She has loved planning weddings so much, that she also owns and runs several weddings venues such as Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards, Zero George Street Hotel, Red Pump Kitchen, and Cannon Green.
22. Rafanelli Events– Known best for planning the wedding of Chelsea Clinton to Marc Mezvinsky, Bryan Rafanelli is becoming well known in the wedding industry. Founded in 1996, Rafanelli Events has been showcased in many wedding publications. Rafanelli has also appeared on several television programs as a contributor for event planning.
23. La Fete Weddings– Mother-Daughter team, Colette and Kaitlin Lopez, have planned many weddings in Southern California. With 15 years of experience, the duo has been highlighted in several wedding publications and sites. They also have a blog where they gather inspiration for brides planning their big days.
24. Michael Russo Events– Michael Russo has offices in New York, California, and Florida and has been in the wedding planning industry for over ten years. He is known for big, elaborate events and for bringing in the unexpected to each event. He is one of the Knot’s Luxe wedding experts and is also known for planning celebrity events and weddings, such as Kevin Jonas’ wedding.
25. Rebecca Rose Events– Up and coming Rebecca Rose Events was founded by Rebecca (Becca) Rose Atchison and Elizabeth (Betsy) Krug in 2010. The Salem-Winston, North Carolina firm is also known to travel all over the United States as needed, and has been gathering a large following on Instagram with their beautiful inspiration photos. They also have been featured in wedding publications such as Snippet and Ink and Style Me Pretty.